If you’re a lover of all things pumpkin and you want to share that love with your dog, we have a favorite recipe at Halo to celebrate fall!
Homemade Pumpkin Dog Treats
Baked dog treats filled with pumpkin and peanut butter from All Recipes is our new fall favorite that your dog will love.
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 40 mins
Total Time: 55 mins
Servings: 25 treats
What you’ll need:
Here’s what you’ll need to make the homemade pumpkin dog treats.
Whole Wheat Flour
Whole wheat flour is packed with nutrients for your pup, like fiber, protein, and antioxidants. You can also substitute with all-purpose flour as well, but it won’t be as nutritious.
Eggs add protein, fatty acids, and vitamins to your dog’s diet.
Make sure you get this is 100% pure pumpkin puree and not pumpkin pie filling which has added ingredients that are not good for dogs.
Use natural peanut butter and if you’re not sure if it’s natural, check the ingredients and make sure it doesn’t contain Xylitol, which can be harmful to dogs.
The salt will help the treats’ flavor — and is ok for dogs in moderation.
Cinnamon gives the treats a delicious flavor and also has some nutritional benefits like antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties.
This is optional but helps make the dough more workable for you!
How to Make:
- Combine all your ingredients in a bowl or stand mixer.
- Transfer the mixture for a clean kitchen counter and work it with your hands until a dough has formed.
- Roll out the dough and either cut it into strips or stamp it with your favorite cookie cutters.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 40 minutes, until crunchy.
- Allow them to cool before giving them to your dog.